chat Extend Your Life By Playing Golf
People who play golf regularly could live up to five years longer according to a study of 300,000 golfers by the Karolinska Institute in Sweden.
Golfers can expect a five-year increase on their life expectancy which is 40 per cent long-er than for people who don’t golf regularly.
The study found golfers have a lower death rate regardless of their sex, age and social group. This could be due to the fact that playing golf:
• Improves sleep quality,
• Improves blood circulation,
• Lowers blood pressure,
• Lowers the risk of heart disease,
• Improves cholesterol,
• Reduces the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s,
• Reduces the risk of osteoporosis,
• Lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, and
• Reduces the risk of breast and bowel cancer.
There are also many positive social and psychological aspects to the game that can ben-efit your health and wellbeing. So now you have an even longer list of great reasons to make time for playing more golf.
Story by- Mike Orloff is a US and Australian PGA Member with more than 25 years of industry-wide experience, including 18 years working for two of the biggest international golf manage-ment companies in Australia and the USA – American Golf Corporation and Clubcorp. Now based on the Gold Coast, Australia, Mike consults on how to grow the game of golf to the industry directly as well as via workshops and conferences in New Zealand, Aus-tralia and South East Asia.
Golf Industry Central was created by Mike in 2008 as a major golf industry portal for the Australasian region – offering news, jobs and operational advice all in one place. www.golfindustrycentral.com.au
iGolf Queensland membership offers the casual golfer a great sample of courses, a variety of events, and a handicap recognised worldwide.
• A personalised iGolf Queensland membership card
• An opportunity to gain an official Golf Australia handicap viewable via Golf Link
• Access to a wide range of courses with discounted green fees
• Opportunities to play in exclusive member events and open days
• A personal liability insurance cover at golf venues and events
• A copy of the “Tee It Up” publication
• A copy of the “Rules of Golf” book
• A copy of the “Quick guide to the rules of golf” book
• One dozen Srixon QSTAR golf balls